We are so happy at the thought of being together soon! Please read and respond to this second update:
1. St. Mary's has a huge play ground that is on the edge of a valley. They will be able to provide us with a guide for a trek down to the valley. Steven has advised us to go early morning before breakfast to avoid the heat. Those interested should bring appropriate shoes, caps, water bottles and carry a snack.
2. Shilpa Parulekar will be organizing games and sports, so do bring a cricket set and two footballs which can be shared if you can.
3. Hema Gopinathan and Ranu Prashant will be doing needle work including embroidery, knitting and crocheting. Those interested please bring your needles, yarn etc.
4. There will be a Children's Mela on the 1st morning (which can be carried on in an impromptu manner throughout the conference). Children can 'show, tell, display, sell'. Please give us some idea of who will be putting up what. There are no tables and only a few benches, so bring a mat or sheet to spread down. It will be in a hall and semi open corridor.
5. Simulataneously adults can display and explain their curriculum and resources. This can also continue impromptu for all the days.
6. There is a Tuck Shop. Please send in your children's snack list in case St. Mary's can provide.
7. Please remember to pack your and your children's medications and basic 1st Aid needs.
8. About the under 3 year olds, since St. Mary's is not charging them, they will not get a bed or plate, but will eat and sleep with the parents.
9. The hot water timings are on the blog, and Steven has requested us to not all bathe at one time, but split up into morning and evening shifts for bathing, as there will not be enough hot water for all at one time.
10. Lastly, the staff will be overwhelmed if we all try to talk to them, so if you have any requests or queries while at the venue, please contact Nikhil for food, Supriya for rooms, and Urmila. They have said to please do this before 5pm, as the staff goes home after that.
Looking forward to a great time together!
Swashikshan Team IHC - 13.